Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Vivian's Origin Story

Vivian lorded over spoons. And sporks. The forks had long ago been banished for not being able to hold enough liquid. Soup was no longer being served in the cafeteria. Mostly mystery meat and evil corn. Do not eat evil corn. It is evil.

Chili had mystery meat. It is best eaten with sporks. Vivian is chili's favorite. Wait. Chili is vivian's favourite.

When she is evicted from spoon-spork-under-chair-land, she is in her square room. She has a circle room, too. It's outside. The candy man comes by with brightly colored, bad tasting pills. Vivian turns the pill into her cheek and smiles beguilingly at the candy man. She ruffles Vivian's hair and closes the heavy door.

Vivian spits out the candy into the toilet and rinses her mouth in the sink. Vivian gaze sharply at the three bars over her window. She jerks the bars and they slide free, one by one. The window isn't locked. She squeezes through the small, rectangular window and tip-toes on the lip there. The roof is just within reach. Vivian pulls herself up with practiced ease. She slips out of the bright white hospital clothes and into the black polyester bodysuit. She slips on the night vision goggles and leather gloves. Checks the knives on her calves, wrists, waist and back.

Vivian grins catty at the night and slides off the roof.


Again, from the Adventure-verse. Adventures is a long-time-running role-playing game/universe owned and created by Richard Palmgren. Its rules have never been published so only a few people from my home town know the system and the story. Vivian is my character's name. And my name. Most long time players end up having their real name as their character's name. So, that's why my character has my name. I've been wanting to write stuff based on my experiences with Adventures for a while...sooo here goes >.<

PS: This is my character's origin story based on my character's history, which was written when I was like 12 or 11.

2 comments:

  1. Bahahahah, this was adorable and fantastic. A+

    And gotta love local roleplaying systems. Oakland's got Abantey, though sadly I never got a chance to actually go play it.

    ~Duk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well nothing to lose if you try it! Except, perhaps, your sanity. I lost a bit of that to Adventures.

    ReplyDelete